- Support the many different kinds of families and family relationship.
- Promote and encourage an understanding of diversity.
- Aim to help parents feel more confident and competent in communicating with their children and young people about sexuality.
- Extend children’s understanding.
- Help young people prepare for the physical and emotional changes they are and will be facing.
- Are conducted in a relaxed, informal manner.
- Conduct discussions in small groups to provide opportunities to share ideas.